Salary: to £21k free parking
My client is looking for someone who has experience of providing 1st line support ideally from within a Managed Service Provider (so to a variety of clients).
The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator, very enthusiastic and keen to progress as the person you are replacing has been promoted to a 2nd line support role within 6 months.
You will provide technical support to external clients on all aspects of their IT infrastructure. The successful candidate will require an aptitude for working with applications/systems to undertake analysis, diagnosis and resolution of incident logged. These may range from straightforward to more complicated technical issues. This role requires the ability to log and track all incidents, problems and requests with the ability to work independently.
- Receiving, logging and managing calls from clients via telephone and email
- Log all calls in the Service Desk Ticketing System
- Where possible undertake 1st time fixes for incidents logged
- Take ownership of user problems and follow up the status of problems on behalf of the user and communicate progress in a timely manner
- To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries
- Allocate more complex service issues to 2nd line support
- Troubleshoot basic network issues such as ADSL broadband issues
- To arrange for external application technical support where problems cannot be resolved.
- Relevant 1st line support desk experience
- Previous experience using helpdesk applications
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner
- Excellent organisational skills
- 3 years previous IT Service Desk and/or IT Field Service experience required
- Incident Management experience – Managing incidents including business expectations and Communication
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems with emphasis on Windows Operating Systems
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 administration
- Active Directory administration
- Good experience of managing and administering accounts on Exchange, Active Directory and IP telephones
- You will be a self-motivated achiever who gains satisfaction from providing excellent customer service
- Willing to adapt and learn new skills
- Ability to work on own initiative.