Our client is looking for a Finance Assistant, to take ownership of the Sales Ledger processes, within a very busy, volume driven accounts team. The role will be predominantly centred around the Sales Ledger duties, but will also see the candidate getting involved in other duties, to support the team.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Raising invoices/credit notes and sending to customers (you can be dealing with up to 100 invoices on a daily basis)
- Creating customer accounts, performing credit checks and amending customer records
- Putting Customer accounts on hold when necessary and updating records as required – this will also mean updating the client record as they clear payments.
- Resolving internal and external customer queries in a timely manner – ability to manage multiple emails and calls whilst managing the sales ledger workload at the same time.
- Assisting credit controller with outstanding debts (as required)
- Postings customer bank receipts and supplier bank payments onto an internal system.
- Keeping the bank reconciliation up to date and ensuring this is completed by the deadline for month end, posting DD payments
- Completing daily sales reports as well as other reports to include: Bank Balance, credit note analysis etc.
- To provide holiday cover for the Purchase Ledger – this may include other duties, but relevant training and support can be provided, as required.
- Handle incoming telephone calls and emails into the finance department, which may include cross over queries / calls for other members of the finance team.
- To support the Assistant Accountant with adhoc duties, including year-end reconciliations and audit schedules
- To follow all agreed procedures that are required as part of the process flow and to continually improve and streamline finance processes.
Our client is looking for a candidate who is comfortable and can demonstrate previous experience of working in a larger organisation where they are dealing with high volumes of invoices, emails and queries as well as other duties within their remit.
Essential skills and experience would include:
- Microsoft Excel to intermediate level – SUM, filters, graphs, copy & paste special, formatting, ability to read and understand formulas. Previous working knowledge of VLookups, Pivot tables etc, would be ideal but not essential as training can be provided
- Frequent use of Excel (Daily) is essential as this role requires someone to use Excel on a daily basis
- Bank reconciliations
- Processing high volume sales invoices and creating customer accounts
- Resolving high volume customer queries in a timely manner (telephone, email and in person)
- Processing purchase invoices, creating payment schedules and posting payments to the ledger
- Dealing with suppliers over the phone and resolving supplier queries