Location: Nr Bournemouth
Benefits: International Business travel, discounts, free parking, 33 days hols, pension, cycle to work scheme, training and development programme, Colleague wellness programme, outdoor meeting space, social events
MUST HAVE OWN TRANSPORT AND A FULL DRIVING LICENCE
Do you have previous Quality Control or Quality Assurance experience? This could be a great new role for you.
As our client grows in size and develops its own branded strategy they have an exciting opportunity for a Quality Control and Assurance Co Ordinator. This role is based at their Head Office nr Bournemouth with international business travel required.
This role will specifically work their clients Own Branded lines initially ensuring they are informed and compliant. The role will involve driving their record keeping and conformity, together with providing Buying colleagues with specialist advice working through external testing companies as well as UK/EU legislation.
Working with their 100 overseas suppliers and Far East Sourcing offices in Hong Kong and New Delhi the role is one of a gate keeper ensuring buyers are placing products on the market that are fit for purpose and we have the correct documentation filed.
The role reports in the Head of Global Sourcing but very much works ‘cross functionally’ with particular focus on buying, Supply Chain, Brand Artwork/packaging and occasionally DC & Stores. This is a team of one working out of Bournemouth HO and with an extended global team across Asia.
- Develop and maintain Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Control (QC) Procedures
- Key member within the QA project to place all product Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) & Product Technical File for appropriate products on their website
- Validate Own Brand test reports for compliance and Product Technical Files (PTF) are acceptable and within testing budget
- Support own brand artwork warning and legal notices on products, plus advise on misleading product artwork through our new product system being introduced through TRG supplier project
- Identify QA/QC/FRI / factory ethical and environmental issues and risks within the business and solutions / resolutions
- Manage their QA/QC sourcing agents team in Hong Kong and India to deliver best practice documentation and product compliance
- Experienced in working with testing labs and factories internationally
- Understanding about my clients products, how they work and how they are manufactured
- Committed to quality and continuous improvement
- An eye for detail
- Flexible attitude with a “hands on” approach
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Self -starter, ability to work well under pressure and unsupervised
- Good organisation & time management skills
- Must hold a valid UK Driving Licence
- Able to travel internationally (this will be Business Class)