Location: East Dorset
Salary: up to c £26k + great benefits and career progression opportunities!
My client is looking for an experienced Storeman, from an engineering / manufacturing background. With significant experience of working in a similar role, the ideal candidate will be extremely efficient, process driven and capable of developing in the future, to take on more leadership responsibilities as well. To manage the workload, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate ability to use their own initiative and work in a busy environment with minimum supervision.
The successful candidate will have previous stores experience from within Engineering, Welding or the Fabrication industries and have confident IT/computer skills as well.
You will need to have a counterbalance forklift licence and be prepared to be hands on, checking goods, kitting out, picking and packing etc.
Duties will be varied and include:
– Control all aspects of stores, from goods inwards / outwards, checking / inspection, kitting, packing and despatch
– Identify and action shortages for parts required for the manufacture of goods
– Ensure compliance with all safety legislation
– Progress chase and update documentation as required, using an in house computerised system
– Match goods against purchase orders
– Liaise with internal departments as required and be prepared to converse with customers to manage their expectations also
– Maintain records (material certification, maintenance and safety records)
– Monthly Stock take
– Identify and rectify stock issues and take ownership of the stores to ensure the overall smooth running of the department
– Load and unload vehicles as required and also support with deliveries as and when required
You should know the difference between imperial and metric and fully understanding Engineering. Knowledge of ISO 9001 is expected. Previous use of similar systems would be ideal (Navision) but training on this can be provided.
This role requires physical effort such as manual handling/lifting and driving a fork lift truck (FLT).
Key skills required:
– Good communication skills both verbal and written for corresponding with Suppliers and internal/external customers
– Worked within the Engineering / Welding / Fabrication Industries
– Knowledge of Microsoft products including Office and Navision
– Driving Licence including FLT Licence (counterbalance)
– Physically able to undertake manual handling and lifting
– Able to manage own work load and to work autonomously without close day to day supervision
– Stores experience
– Inspection and Packing experience
– Knowledge of and experience of working to ISO 9001:2008
For more information about this role or to apply please contact Joy Bruce (07469 706432 / email@example.com) at Aspire Jobs in Ringwood.