Location: Christchurch (Please note that due to our client’s location, all applicants will need to have their own, reliable transport)
Salary: Up to £23,000 DOE
We are actively looking for a Sales Ledger Controller, to work within this rapidly expanding business and team, with opportunities, for the right person, to develop and progress within the business.
Reporting to the Finance Manager and based at the company’s head office near Christchurch, the Sales Ledger Controller will be responsible for chasing debt and ensuring all sales ledger entries are allocated to incoming payments, within an accurate and timely manner.
As Sales Ledger Controller you will be required to have a good eye for detail, be self-motivated and have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Duties will be varied but include:
- Process and send invoices out to third parties
- Review Aged Debtor reports on a weekly basis
- Liaise with customers in a polite, professional manner to ensure payment terms are met efficiently and within the agreed time frames
- Posting and allocation of all customer daily payments; cheques, BACS and credit cards, in line with daily time lines
- Reconciliation of un-allocated payments
- Update and maintain customer records
- Take incoming phone calls and resolving queries where possible.
- Carry out additional administrative duties as required
- Excellent communication skills with ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with customers and colleagues alike
- Ability to work confidentially and to treat issues with sensitivity
- Working knowledge and experience of Sales Ledger
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise work and manage several tasks concurrently
- Ability to work individually on own initiative as well as within a very busy team environment.
- Willingness to work as part of a team and take on colleagues’ tasks when the need arises, and to provide cover during periods of absence or peak periods.
- Ability to work to a high level of accuracy
- Excellent experience of all Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel