Salary: DOE up to £23,000
We are proudly working on a sole agency basis for our Poole based client to support their recruitment of a Purchase Ledger, Accounts Assistant. The primary responsibilities will be to look after the Purchase ledger function within a very busy finance team. In addition, the successful candidate would be required to also cover the sales ledger side as and when required.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- To manage the purchase ledger on a day to day basis liaising with internal departments as well as suppliers, to ensure that all supporting queries are dealt with in a timely, efficient manner.
- To post invoices onto an internal accountancy package
- To ensure month end tasks on the purchase ledger are completed by the deadline
- To work with Assistant Accountant to ensure all relevant invoices are correctly accrued for at month end
- To review trade creditors balances and ensure payments are correctly matched to invoices
- To ensure all suppliers paid on account are chased for purchase invoices, ensuring records are kept in line with credit terms agreed.
- To create payments to suppliers and post to the ledger
- To manage and distribute the post on a daily basis and follow up with any other administrative tasks, as required.
- To provide holiday cover for the Sales Ledger Clerk – raising invoices / credit notes and sending these out to customers
- Creating customer accounts, performing credit checks and amending customer records as well as putting accounts on hold, resolving customer queries and assisting the credit controller with any outstanding actions.
- Keeping the bank reconciliation up to date and ensuring this is completed by the deadline for month end, posting DD payments
- Completing daily reports (Sales, bank balance, credit note analysis etc)
This role works closely with other members of a very busy finance team and in order to ensure the overall success and transition into the team, our client would require the successful candidate to support the team as required by handling calls, dealing with queries in the absence of the relevant finance person as well as working to set procedures in order to ensure the efficient process flow.
Essential skills / previous experience:
- Microsoft Excel to basic level – basic formulae e.g. sum, formatting and table creation
- Previous experience of working in a purchase ledger role, with exposure to sales ledger / general accounts as well.
- AAT foundation would be ideal, but not essential, if a candidate can demonstrate sufficient experience
- Experience of processing high volumes of purchase invoices, creating payment schedules and posting payments to the ledger is essential
- A confident telephone manner is required as this candidate will be dealing with suppliers over the phone and resolving queries, as well as working with various internal departments both in person, over the phone and on email.
- Previous experience of working in manufacturing would be advantageous but not essential as training can be provided.
For more information about this role, or to apply, please contact Joy Bruce (07469 706432 / email@example.com) or Helen Stacey (07974 429217 / firstname.lastname@example.org)