Salary: DOE, Circa £28,000
Due to their continued growth, we are now recruiting for an IT Service Desk / Help desk Supervisor, on behalf of a very well established organisation in the Poole area. The Supervisor’s role will take be to oversee the entire IT Service Desk, support the team and to ensure that customers receive the appropriate support and service required, across all areas of their serviced business.
Duties will be varied and the successful candidate will need to demonstrate excellent communication skills as well as the confidence to work under pressure, often to tight deadlines and SLA’s. No one day will be the same and as this is a very reactive environment, the supervisor will need to be able to multi-task and work with a hands-on approach, to ensure that the support service is efficient at all times.
- Manage procedures related to the identification, prioritisation, and resolution of end user help requests, including the monitoring, tracking, and coordination of the Service Desk function.
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd line support – troubleshooting of IT related problems from applications to hardware, such as Laptops, PCs, and Printers
- Receiving, logging and managing calls from customers via telephone and email.
- The day to day management of the IT Service Desk team, triaging of tickets and ensuring Service Level Agreements are adhered to
- Delegation of work to the most appropriate resource within the team
- Ensure that all aspects of the Service Desk are running efficiently, implementing process and procedures to improve customer satisfaction
- Monitor the support desk ticket queue to ensure that all analyst\engineers are managing tickets in a suitable manner and timescale.
- Troubleshoot basic network issues such as ADSL broadband issues.
- To arrange for external application technical support where problems cannot be resolved.
- Develop and provide stats for the weekly Service Desk report on call trends
- Act as service focused escalation point for the Service Desk team
- Develop and expand the current Service Desk tool to improve knowledge and efficiency
- Provide technical assistance where appropriate
- Offer a hands-on approach and support the team with tasks such as undertaking support calls, dependant on team capacity and knowledge.
Skills and experience Required:
The ideal candidate will come from a technical background, with a good understanding of IT Support and experience of working within a ticketed environment. Previous supervisory / leadership experience is also ideal as this person will be taking responsibility of the overall success of the team, with staff management and development as part of their remit.
The Service Desk Supervisor will need to have an aptitude for working with applications/systems to undertake analysis, diagnosis and resolution of problems. These may range from straightforward to more complicated technical issues. This role requires the ability to log and track all incidents, problems and requests with the ability to work independently.
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to multi task
- A minimum of 3 years previous IT Service Desk experience to supervisory level, or similar, transferrable experience required
- Strong understanding of ITIL service model and processes
- ITIL Foundation or greater qualified a distinct advantage, but not essential
- Incident Management experience – including business expectations and communication
- You will be a self-motivated achiever who gains satisfaction from providing excellent customer service
- Ability to motivate and direct team members to ensure customer support queries are being managed and rectified in a timely manner.
For more information about this role, or to apply, please contact Joy Bruce (07469 706432 / email@example.com) or Helen Stacey (07974 429217 / firstname.lastname@example.org)