Salary : to c£70k base, car allow, 12% bonus and benefits
Our client is seeking a Programme Manager to manage the Systems Team, which supplies technology based systems into the UK rail industry.
The successful candidate will be an experienced Programme Manager who can demonstrate previous relevant experience. Strong customer communication skills and leadership are essential.
Through leadership and engagement, the Programme Manager will ensure that all aspects of the System’s Team’s projects are executed in the most efficient and profitable manner, whilst at the same time projecting a highly professional image to customers.
- Oversee the delivery of UK rail projects
- Manage the Rail Systems Team including UK Rail Project Managers
- Ensure UK rail projects are on target – schedule and budget
- Provide regular financial and status reporting on all live Rail Team projects
- Prepare and maintain a programme PnL including Cash Flow and ensure projects achieve targets. Identify any target deviation and take corrective action
- Provide the necessary support the UK divisional sales and marketing effort – pre and post sales, tenders, commercial events, customer demands
- Support interfaces with third parties including supply chain for product development, eg payment providers
- Contribute to the development of a hardware and software product and delivery strategy
- Provide primary main point of contact and escalation for all rail team project matters
- Manage customer expectations and ensure that they are met or exceeded
- Provide leadership in the resolution of issues and challenges
- Ensure the Rail Systems Team have a good understanding of the project goals and take responsibility for delivering projects
- Prepare and maintain a Project Plan of all Rail team projects
- Prepare written reports as required, including a monthly Project Report
- Maintain a project risks and issues register and ensure that action is taken to address issues
- Ensure resources are in place to deliver projects
- Ensure each team member understands their role, the activities assigned to them, the deliverables expected from them and the timescales available to them
- Liaise with other departments necessary for delivery of the project, including Hardware and Software Engineering, Production, Supply Chain, Service, Technical Support, and Product Development
- Oversee the negotiation of contract variations and other project changes with the customer and secure additional work at necessary margins
- Ensure timely and professional responses are made to the customer
- Ensure all customer commitments are met
- Ensure all applicable regulations are adhered to
- Manage programme cash flow and ensure customer invoicing time is completed in line with project schedules
- Support presales as required – prepare and manage offers for bids and contract variations. Attend and support customer tender presentations as required
- Experience with complex systems including payment devices, hardware and software, and hosted server environments. These require excellent management and relevant product knowledge to ensure success.
- The Programme Manager will need experience of the whole project lifecycle from bidding to warranty support and will have a professional, probably technical background. They are likely to be qualified to at least degree level in engineering or science.
Strong candidates will have previously managed programmes of multiple projects which include substantial hardware and software development. They will have a proven track record of delivery to external customers. Their customer-facing skills and programme management competence are of the highest importance to the role.