Salary: DOE + Excellent benefits and opportunities
We are pleased to be appointed as the sole agency to work with this well established organisation in the Romsey area. Our client is looking for a Security and Vetting administrator to join their Security department and offer support from an administration, personnel and clearance point of view. This role forms a critical part of the overall security function for our client and it is therefore essential that all applicants have either relevant Security and vetting experience, or have gained administration experience in a similar environment.
Responsibilities will include:
- Liaise with various internal departments to ensure that the appropriate security clearances for new staff and contractors are obtained or transferred as required, providing updates of employees screening, anomalies etc.
- Undertake regular visits to external parties who manage areas of the clearance process and assist them with the administration and processing of such clearances. Please note that you will need to have a full driver licence, but are not necessarily required to use your own car for visits to sites, other than your place of work.
- Updating and monitoring and online portal system, to monitor existing security clearances, ensuring that you are up to date and can initiate processes as required, to avoid clearances expiring and monitor completion of Annual Security Appraisals
- You will be responsible for ensuring that all employees (existing and new) have the correct clearances, references, right to work and BPSS documents.
- Update the clearance management system and associated spreadsheets to keep the business up to date with the clearances in progress.
- Conduct pre-vetting assessments and briefings for new employees prior to commencement of employment on site.
- Act in accordance with security and operational instructions at all times to ensure the maintenance of security within the secure environment.
- Participate in weekly meetings with HR, Recruitment and Resourcing as required.
- Take responsibility for any other administrative tasks to support the overall success of the department from a security and vetting point of view.
Essential skills and / or experience:
- Excellent Microsoft Excel, Word, Power point and Outlook skills and experience
- Effective communication skills capable of building strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- You will need to be an enthusiastic team player with the ability to work autonomously and display initiative when required
- Strong planning, prioritisation and organisational skills is essential.
- Good attention to detail and the ability to multi task is essential
- Ability to analyse data and generate reports for management.
- You will ideally have previous expertise within a personnel security and security vetting role, experience in a public sector security role with knowledge of the UK vetting process would be a distinct advantage for this role.
Due to the nature of this position, you will be required to undergo the DV clearance process – for this reason, you should ideally be a British Citizen and be eligible to work in the UK. You will need to have 10 years plus consistent residency in the UK and will be required to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 10 years as part of the DV security screening process for this role.