Salary: Circa £30,000
We are looking for a Buyer, to join a very busy purchasing department within a manufacturing environment of an organisation near Wareham.
The role will develop in time but will initially see the successful candidate overseeing the purchasing process, with a focus around quality and price to meet operational and customer requirements. Previous purchasing / Buying xperience is essential as is the ability to manage an administration heavy role, within a very busy, reactive environment.
Main Responsibilities and duties:
• Process all MRP Recommendations within agreed time frames and to provide sufficient lead-times.
• Manage administrative tasks in order to be able to prioritise MRP recommendations relating to lead times and orders
• Ensure all purchase orders are either created from an MRP Recommendation or from an appropriate requisition document.
• Ensure authorisation guidelines are followed as relevant to the requisition document received.
• Release all purchase orders to the preferred supplier and work closely with the Purchasing manager, in relation to any orders released to a non-preferred supplier.
• Ensure all purchase orders that require a supporting document IE: Drawings, etc are obtained within the business and released to the supplier along with the order.
• Maintain accurate pricing information.
• Maintain accurate lead-times against current stock records ensuring that all stock records reflect a lead-time setting at all times.
• Expedite all purchase orders within set guidelines and report any significant supply problems to ensure that departments and functions are kept informed of any potential difficulties
• Action all After Sales requisitions within agreed time frames.
• Monitor the performance of suppliers and products to ensure that they meet the required standards.
• Support the Purchasing Manager to ensure all new materials are fully approved before being created on the database and released on order.
• Ensure all invoice disputes are resolved in a timely and efficient manner.
• Schedule supplier meetings as determined and set by the Purchasing Manager on the Supplier Meeting Register.
• Carry out any relevant administration to support the success of this role, within a very busy purchasing department
• Provide general support within the department to ensure all enquiries are actioned by the end of each working day.
Essential skills and experience:
– previous buying / purchasing experience is essential for this role
– MRP Experience – essential
– Excellent administration and attention to detail is required as this forms a large part of the role
– Excellent communication skills as well as a professional and friendly telephone manner
– Strong Excel skills would be an advantage
– Previous experience of working in a manufacturing environment is required, in order to make the transition into this very busy purchasing team.
For more information about this role, or to apply please contact Joy Bruce (07469 706432 / email@example.com) or Helen Stacey (07974 429217 / firstname.lastname@example.org) at Aspire Jobs in Ringwood.