Vetting Manager – 12 month FTC
Our client is looking for a well-motivated and enthusiastic Vetting Manager to join their niche organisation in the Hampshire area. The Vetting Manager role plays a critical part of the overall security function in the organisation. The successful candidate will work alongside the senior management team, taking responsibility for the management of vetting across all sites within the organisation.
- Providing leadership and direction to the Vetting Officer and oversee the skills development as required.
- Ensure that those vetted have sufficient training and experience in order to deliver the highest standards of service delivery.
- Responsible for the allocation of work, managing work-streams and ensuring that targets and objectives are met across all relevant areas of responsibility.
- To provide the strategic and tactical direction for vetting activity within the organisation, ensuring that current and future needs of the company are met.
- Plan and manage the day-to-day requirements for the maintenance of security, to include conducting spot-checks on individuals in order to ensure compliance with vetting policies across the organisation.
- To devise, develop and maintain a rolling programme of vetting for all staff including contractors and visitors to the organisation.
- Acting as the single point of contact (SPOC) for the company and advise and update on changes in legislation, National Policy and procedure and company compliance related issues in respect of Vetting.
Key skills required:
- Previous expertise as a Vetting Manager or Vetting Officer is critical for this role.
- Experience in a public-sector security role would also be an advantage, as would current DV Clearance.
- Knowledge of the wider government structure and procedures of the personnel security/vetting process.
- To proactively contribute to the development of future requirements, policies, working practices and procedures and to maintain a thorough knowledge of current legislation and policy at national and local levels in relation to security issues.
- Ensure regular monitoring and evaluation of service delivery.
- To review company Policy in accordance with National Vetting Policy Guidelines as required.
- To represent the organisation in respect of vetting issues at internal and external meetings as required.
- To maintain a recording system to help monitor the consistency of vetting decisions and to track progress of vetting applications against Service level agreements.
- Previous experience of maintaining accurate vetting records is essential as is exposure to developing strategic vetting growth and development plans.
- Strong planning, prioritisation and organisational skills as well as good attention to detail.
- Ability to analyse data and create reports for management.
For more information about this role or to apply, please contact Joy Bruce (07469 706432 / firstname.lastname@example.org) or Helen Stacey (07974 429217 / email@example.com) at Aspire Job – Ringwood.