Location: New Forest
Salary: c £30k + uncapped OTE, pool car, 31 days holiday (plus bank holidays), flexible working, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme, beautiful location and offices
My client is a well established industrial design agency who have an enviable portfolio of globally recognised customers.
Now looking to continue their successful growth path they are seeking an experienced New Business Manager to join their small but friendly team.
This is not your usual run of the mill sales role and as such needs an experienced, commercially astute candidate who can deliver a robust pipeline of new business working independently and in conjunction with the sales efforts of the two-company director. This role will suit someone with “life experience” who can translate this into relationship building and ultimately sales.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following: –
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience of business development sales success in solution/relationship selling solutions, ideally gained during time in the creative industries or other professional services whom can understand concepts
- You are a team player, but can work carefully and methodically under your own steam to progress new business opportunities against targets
- You will be comfortable introducing and selling professional services to senior stakeholders
- You will be capable of identifying, and deploying tactics to move prospects effectively through the sales cycle
- You will define and manage campaigns that will support your ongoing sales activity
- You will be literate and comfortable with social media particularly Linked In and using this for targeting and researching potential customers
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills both in writing and verbal format
- Strong leadership and organisational skills who can “hit the ground running”
- Excellent time management and understanding of project planning skills
- Someone who is used to smashing sales targets who is outgoing but professional and who is confident chatting to Directors of large global companies unscripted
- You will be a self-starter who is self-motivated and who is innovative in their way of thinking
- Must have CRM experience (ideally Salesforce) and be a quick learner
- Tenacity – the conversion process can be a long one so if you give up at the first hurdle this isn’t the right role for you
This is a brilliant opportunity for someone to come in and learn about the business, absorb it and then re-sell it with meaning, who is reassuringly confident in their ability and can communicate in the right way in what can be a difficult market at times. My client is looking for someone who has the ambition to drive new business within the company and who, within time, can play a strategic role in the future commercial strategy of the agency. This would suit any one that has an eye on running a small energetic business, or managing the commercial activities of a respected creative agency.
You will also be savvy, forward thinking and always looking (or taken an interest) in what the “next big thig is going to be” in terms of product and technology.
Sound like you – then send us your CV with an email outlining why you are the right candidate.