Location : 3 days office based in Bedford, 2 days home-based / client-visits
Salary : to c£45k base plus monthly travel allowance (up to £400 a month) and benefits
Reporting into the Head of Project Management, the successful candidate will be responsible for successful delivery of complex solutions, into both Public and Private Sector environments. The position is a pivotal one within the Professional Services area of the business and touches all parts of the business, so excellent communication skills are essential.
Candidates will need the ability to capture and schedule the tasks required to deliver a project, and drive these through to completion, often across multiple concurrent projects. Ideally a seasoned, qualified professional with a good history of successful project deliveries in a supplier role, though candidates who exhibit the drive, communication skills, and ability to succeed will also be considered.
Skills Required :-
Solutions will be software-based so a development background / understanding would be required. Experience of Agile delivery methods within a PRINCE2 project management methodology would be ideal.
- Experience of working in or with a Professional Services dept via a systems / software house environment is essential
- Experience of working in/with a Project Management Office – desirable
- Experience of delivering a software project – essential
- Understanding of the Software development life-cycle – essential
- Gantt Charts – essential
- Experience in successfully delivering multiple IT software application and telecommunication solutions to both Public Sector and Corporate organisations preferred
- Other skills that would be beneficial : digital transformation, BPM, CRM, Call Centre, Voice technologies, Microsoft Project Server
- Must be prepared to work from the Bedford office at least 3 days a week
* Interfacing with other departments within the company to ensure project mandates are fully understood, agreed by all internal stakeholders, and delivered to an agreed schedule
* Full management of risks and issues throughout a project, along with accounting for assumptions, constraints and dependencies
* Facilitating and leading project meetings and ensuring minutes are produced, distributed and validated
* Budget management including appropriate escalation, where required
* Ensuring project governance is adhered to and any remedial actions are completed in a timely fashion
* Producing and maintaining project initiation documentation which ensures projects are completed to a baseline agreed with the all stakeholders
* Refinement and maintenance of the Project Schedule which ensures forecasting and earned value analysis remains accurate at all times
* Identification and scheduling of project resources and ensuring resources fully understand the Project Work Package or task assigned
* Ensuring projects are always delivered to an agreed specification
* Management of change throughout the life of the project including adherence to the Company’s change management processes
* Thorough quality management including Test Plan / Specification execution and adherence to Quality Assurance process
* Creating Acceptance Certificates where required and ensuring these are completed
* Manage day-to-day operational aspects of the project(s).
* Ensure all project documents are complete, current, and appropriately stored.
* Providing timely, relevant, and accurate reports throughout the life of a project
For more information or to apply, please send your CV directly to Tracy Redwood at Aspire Jobs – firstname.lastname@example.org