Client-facing Systems Engineer – Software / Hardware
Location : Dorset
Salary : c£35k negotiable
- Working alongside Solution Architects to capture requirements during internal/external meetings and produce system design documentation, including high-level functional specifications
- Working alongside Solution Architects to suggest and reviewing design solutions
- Working alongside Product Owners to define/assign items for development within an Agile process throughout the development lifecycle
- Mitigation of technical issues identified during the product life cycle
- Verification and validation of test plans
- Generation of customer facing test documentation (Factory Acceptance Tests and Site Acceptance Tests) and attending customer acceptance tests, as required
- Review and provide input into effort estimates and timescales for individual project activities
- Generation and/or review of system documentation into Customer Support teams
- Provide input and support to Business Development with pre-sales and tender enquiries
- Contribute to interdepartmental communication in order to improve awareness of the product/project and customer needs and the creation of a team spirit within and outside their own work responsibility.
- Contribute to a service minded and client-oriented approach and promptly respond to external and internal correspondence with the service of the client in focus.
- Actively contribute to improve the quality of both products and services by working in accordance with internal and external quality standards
- Participate in the Agile ‘Scrums’ for the product/project
- The ideal candidate will have a background in systems engineering and design, with customer facing experience and preferably designing for embedded systems.
Core Skills :-
- Ability to design, deliver and update complex systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven customer service skills and experience
- An understanding of relevant technologies would be beneficial, but not essential (e.g. RS232, RS485, Ethernet, Wired/Wireless Networking, TCP/IP, VPN, Mifare, NFC, ITSO)
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel, Visio and Powerpoint.
- A good I.T. background in networks, Firewalls, PC’s and peripherals
For more information about this role, or to apply, please contact us at Aspire Jobs.