Finance Account Manager / Personal Accountant
Salary: Up to £40,000 DOE + Bonus + excellent benefits
We are looking for a dynamic, customer focused Accounts professional to join a fast-growing Accountancy Practice in the Bournemouth area.
The successful applicant will be ambitious, hard working and self-motivated and be able to hit the ground running within a very high performing environment. Opportunities to train and develop come hand in hand with this role and therefore, whilst the focus is ultimately centred around someone with an Accountancy practice background, training and support can be provided to ensure that the ideal candidate can quickly transition into the team. Previous Accounts, VAT, Tax or general accountancy experience is essential however, in order to be able to adapt to the environment and the client requirements.
- Management and delivery of the full accounting service to each client within your designated portfolio.
- Act as the primary point of contact for a portfolio of clients
- Handle enquiries on the phone, face to face and on email
- Act as a Personal Accountant and Adviser with the support of an accounts assistant who will oversee the day to day accounts and administration tasks to support the client.
- Offer planning advice as well as tax and accounting support, as required by the respective client
- Onboarding of new clients and developing relationships with existing clients
- Supervision of colleagues in the support departments, prioritising and overseeing daily work loads to ensure the smooth running of each portfolio.
The ideal Personal Accountant will have a mix of practical tax knowledge combined with general accounting experience:
- A strong knowledge of VAT, PAYE, Self-Assessment tax and corporation tax for small companies and their directors
- A passion for client service experience of nurturing and building relationships
- Preferably (but not essentially) a formal qualification in either accounting (AAT/ACCA/ICAEW) or taxation (ATT/CTA)
- The drive and ambition to develop an accountancy career within a busy, service led environment
- Excellent communication skills – both written and spoken
- Supervisory experience or a natural ability to lead and develop staff
If you’re an ambitious team player looking for a great opportunity and think you have the skills and experience that our client is looking for, please get in touch with Joy Bruce or Helen Stacey at Aspire Jobs, to discuss this job opportunity in more detail.