Salary: Salary doe
We are actively looking for an experienced, commercially astute Bids and Proposals manager, to join the Commercial team of a large, globally recognised organisation in the Romsey area. Our client provides consultancy services into well recognised organisations and therefore requires an individual with extensive contracts, bids and commercial experience, in order to support the business s growth into particularly niche market sectors.
The overriding objective of the commercial team is to streamline business opportunities by taking an enlightened approach to Customer liaison and contract negotiation.
Whilst this role requires a core competence in contractual, financial and business risk management our client’s approach to customer liaison and contract negotiation is centred around finding solutions to meet the customer’s requirements.
In addition to an understanding and experience of contractual business, excellent communication skills are essential to this role, as is the ability to form positive personal relationships both internally with teams and colleagues as well as with external Customers.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Reporting to the Head of Commercial, acting as delegated authority when necessary.
- Researching, understanding, making recommendations and establishing the organisations position on contracting routes and frameworks.
- Supporting the Client Manager in developing new business opportunities and organising bid processes and activities to deliver winning propositions.
- Analysing, quantifying and presenting the commercial and contractual risk elements of prospective bids.
- Liaising with Customers to convert quotations/bids into orders and maintaining regular Customer contact to ensure Customer satisfaction through contract administration.
- Negotiating contractual terms with Customers.
- Review and acceptance of Customer purchase orders to reconcile with the organisations requirements
- Provision of management reporting on enquiries and orders in line with the organisations reporting cycle.
Knowledge & Experience:
- You should be a confident communicator and be able to interact with colleagues and customers at all levels, with presentation and communication skills both written and verbal.
- A level T&C’s/contractual understanding and expertise is an expected core competency, as well as experience of working in a similar role with a focus on bids and contracts preparation and negotiation.
- Highly organised with the ability to maintain focus, manage priorities and deliver under pressure.
- The ability to understand bid processes and analyse competitions, with experience of structuring proposal responses to ensure the delivery of winning propositions.
- Strong influencing skills
- High level of computer literacy is essential.
- A business or legal based qualification would be advantageous.
- Existing knowledge of UK Government or Home Office contracting frameworks and mechanisms would also be an advantage.
- Full Driving Licence for UK business travel
Due to the nature of this position, candidates must be willing to undergo, and eligible to achieve security clearance (prior to appointment)
For more information about this role, or to apply, please contact Joy Bruce or Helen Stacey at Aspire Job in Ringwood.