Location: East Dorset
Hours: Either full or part time – min 18 hours pw
Our client is now recruiting an experienced Paraplanner to help them with extra capacity. This role would suit someone with around 5 years + experience and ideally working towards or achievement of Level 4 qualification.
Working as a team, the Paraplanner should support the Financial Planner, along with Directors and Management, in their endeavours to provide high quality advice and service to their individual, corporate, and trust clients. The Paraplanner should have an awareness of business flow and maintain high standards of accuracy utilising available software or technological resources wherever possible.
The Paraplanner must have a thorough understanding of our clients advice process, Sales Process, complaint process, business strategy, Financial Plan or suitability letter format, pre-approval process and the regulatory requirements imposed by the FCA (and any successor) and must be able to deliver against agreed timescales.
The Paraplanner role may be broken down into five key parts:
- Preparing and maintaining the client file
- Preparing recommendations
- Issuing recommendations
Essential Key Skills:
- Understanding of the Financial Planning process
- Able to work within defined business processes
- Ability to achieve agreed outcomes without supervision
- Ability to multi?task and prioritise effectively
- Detailed and accurate
- Excellent inter?personal skills, both written and verbal.
- Good IT skills with working knowledge of MS Office
- Good report writing skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Working towards or achievement of Level 4 – Certificate in Financial Planning or Certificate in Financial Services
Ideally you will have a high level of technical knowledge, be highly numerate and analytical with excellent attention to detail. You will be able to work under pressure and have in-depth knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
You will be a positive and friendly person who is service orientated and with a “can do” attitude and be very much aware of the importance of your role within a Financial Services team.