Salary: Up to £35k + Bonus (DOE)
We are very excited to be working with a growing Creative Agency, who are looking for a Head of Design as an addition to their Creative team. Our client prides themselves in their services and are driven and inspired by thought-provoking, industry-leading design, culture and innovation.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced, self-motivated Designer who can bring creative ideas, manage projects and have commercial awareness, in order to deliver on expectations. Experience of managing people is also essential as this candidate will be overseeing a small team of other creatives!
This will be a varied, growing role and will see the candidate getting involved in a number of different projects, building lasting relationships with clients and internal staff and developing as the role expands.
Duties will include:
- Building relationships with clients to understand their brand in order to create an epic adventure that will leave everlasting impressions with their desired audience.
- Work within a team of creatives, to produce and oversee all elements of the brand journey, from strategy and creative, through to production, digital and experiential environments.
- Articulate design principles and conceptual ideas to both the team and clients
- Manage design workflow and projects, allocating responsibilities within the team as required
- Ensure overall delivery of the client’s vision, on time and to budget, ensuring commercial success
- Manage, mentor and develop the design team
- Oversee quality control over design outputs and production
- Liaise with internal departments to develop and source new suppliers, negotiating cost to ensure best value where possible
- Work collaboratively with other internal departments to ensure the overall delivery of projects, attending briefings and meetings as required.
- Manage job sign offs, handover to clients and deal with any further actions thereafter
- Work alongside senior management to develop new business initiatives and oversee a variety of projects
Essential skills and experience:
- Extensive experience as a Senior Designer / Head of Design – with experience of concept development and client contact
- Previous experience of working in an agency environment
- Proven track record of brand and design work (offline and online) from concept through to production and delivery
- Excellent organisation and communication skills – both verbal and written
- Management experience with the confidence to motivate, nurture and develop individuals
- Experience of leading projects and managing client expectations
- Commercial awareness
- Experience of using: Adobe Software / Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign – Essential
- Filemaker experience would be ideal but not essential
- Our client will expect all applicants to have an accessible portfolio to submit alongside their application for this role
For more information about this role, or to apply, please contact Joy Bruce (07469 706432 / firstname.lastname@example.org) or Helen Stacey (07974 429217 / email@example.com) at Aspire Job in Ringwood.