Salary: Up to £35,000 DOE
We are currently looking for a Technically minded, Service Manager for an expanding, globally recognised Distributor in the Poole area. This role would suit a candidate looking for an office-based technical support role, with occasional travel within the UK and / or overseas.
The customer services and technical support Manager will ideally have a background in digital print production or graphics applications and requires their own transport, but will be predominantly working from our client’s Poole site. The ideal candidate will be a professional, customer focused individual with a technical mind and the ability to quickly learn new things, as the product portfolio develops. The right candidate will have a desire to support international distributors and clients with all technical matters connected with the operation and use of digital printers and printing equipment. The role would suit someone that enjoys problem solving and ideally comes from a technical and software applications background.
The role will be responsible for:
- Providing technical support to international distributors and subsidiaries using various methods of communication including e-mail, telephone, Skype, TeamViewer, WhatsApp, Facetime etc.
- Gaining a thorough technical understanding of all products and how they operate.
- Establishing a strong relationship with manufacturer suppliers to ensure a full understanding of products to be able to resolve all technical issues arising
- Excellent fault diagnosis skills
- Ensuring superb and efficient administration of spare parts and returns
- Preparing and testing products ready for sale to clients
- Managing spare parts, returns and replacement parts
- Assisting in the testing and evaluation of potential new products
- Working within the small technical team responsible for:
- a) Training international distributors and clients
- b) Installation of new equipment
- c) Servicing and supporting clients
- d) Ensuring all products in the showroom are always in top condition and ready for use
Skills & Qualities Required
- A good practical and technical understanding of print
- Enjoys using and understanding new technology
- Able to lead / run the technical services department
- Very focused on looking after our customer’s support needs with a sense of urgency and diplomacy
- Self-motivated to learn new products and share that knowledge with others
- Good organizational and administrative skills
- A proactive approach to customer service and support is essential
- Good written and spoken communication is essential as the role requires constant communication with customers where English may be their second language.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel is required a well as ideally Adobe Illustrator
- The candidate must be willing to travel (including overseas) and be away from home on occasions
- A car, driving license and passport is required
For more information about this role or to apply, please contact Joy Bruce or Helen Stacey at Aspire Jobs in Ringwood.