Salary: Circa £20k doe
We are currently recruiting for an Accounts Assistant, to join a growing team in the Bournemouth area. Our client would ideally like to see candidates who have previous practice accounts experience, or failing that, exposure to working in a varied finance role, with experience of tax or VAT. The role offers long term prospects for development as the organisation continues to grow.
Whilst practice accounts experience would be ideal, our client will provide training for the right candidate, but a sound finance background is required.
Duties to include:
- Assisting with compilation of year end accounts
- Recording end of year reconciliations and dealing with any related queries
- Preparing and querying VAT returns for clients on either flat rate, standard, quarterly and annual schemes
- Preparing limited company accounts, including draft corporation tax computations and CT Returns
- Maintaining internal databases and client records
- Building relationships with clients, over the telephone and on email
- General accounts administration to support the team
The ideal candidate will require a good mix of accountancy knowledge obtained through general practice experience, or in a similar environment. You will be client focused and appreciate the importance of building and developing a strong relationship with clients.
It is essential that you are part qualified AAT as a minimum and you will naturally have a desire to further study to increase your accounting knowledge. In addition, a confident working knowledge or Excel is also essential for this role.
For more information about this role, please contact Joy Bruce or Helen Stacey at Aspire Jobs in Ringwood.