Location: New Forest
Salary: to £32k + benefits
Our client has a unique offering within the tourism/hospitality industry and their restaurant is currently being completely remodelled with a brand-new look and feel! Expect a cosy ambiance, classy interior, log burner as well as table service with a huge smile and if you’ve been before you won’t recognise the place…
They need someone who can lead and inspire our busy team, who is business-savvy, and who understands that food and drink are central to a happy holiday and to help bring this new investment to life.
Some of the background
We’re not your average holiday company. Our guests come to our venues to experience a world away from their day-to-day. When they are with us, they play crazy games, enjoy show-stopping entertainment and live in the moment. Our job is to surprise and delight them at every turn.
They need you to be the person who manages the Restaurant team so that you and they deliver delight in our flagship family friendly restaurant.
They know what they want and more importantly what they don’t want so if you are from a branded restaurant group then this could be the job for you! Its not for you if you are from pubs/hotels/privately owned venues or holiday parks sorry! Its all about volume numbers quite often all arriving at the same time!
The nitty gritty of what you’ll be doing
As part of our slightly bonkers team of you will be supporting the Commercial Manager and making sure that our guests are fed, watered and having a good time. This includes:
- Managing and motivating the Restaurant team to deliver delight
- Training and supporting team members to help them be the best they can be
- Driving profitable growth with care and flair
- Setting the standards high and making sure your team meets them
- Generally making sure everybody is having a great time
One more thing…holidays happen at holiday times and eating and drinking goes on in into the night, so you’ll need to work your magic on bank holidays, evenings and weekends too.
Skills, experience and qualities you’ll need
Our client has high standards! They’ll train you up, but you must:
- Have solid management experience in a branded switched-on catering or restaurant business
- Show evidence of your superb people management skills
- Have an eye for detail, a head for business and a mindset for innovation
- Know your profit and loss from your balance sheet and be able to control costs and grow profit
- Have knowledge and experience of branded restaurants and its many challenges
- Have energy, enthusiasm and a positive attitude
It’s about your values too. They have a can-do, fun loving, people centred ethos which is vitally important to them and you will have the same passion.
Great job for the right person!