Java / Linux DevOps Software Engineers (Junior and senior)
Salary: c£25 – c£50k
Our client is a provider of premium quality software products and services. Their software powers business critical systems in many diverse areas such as ticket sales, TV broadcast, precious metals etc.
They provide a happy, respectful and collaborative working environment and they give their employees the freedom to find innovative solutions for themselves. Working conditions are informal and un-corporate, and there’s no dress code (unless meeting a customer).
The Roles :-
They are looking for bright DevOps-minded software engineers to join them in developing and supporting solutions for their customers. The roles offered, at varying levels of experience, will touch on all aspects of software engineering, integration, APIs, and DevOps practices, building, maintaining and supporting the software applications and tools that they and their customers depend on.
For the junior roles this is an ideal opportunity for the graduate with a couple of years of relevant industry experience who wants to progress to the next level, immerse themselves in technology, working with and learning from some exceptional peers.
For those with more experience and wanting more responsibility, you will take a lead role in the entire development process, from exploring requirements to delivery. Your role will be diverse, at times you may also be helping them to win new business or working on their R&D team developing SaaS-based operations products deployed in the cloud.
At all levels, your responsibilities and rewards will reflect and grow with your experience.
Technology-wise you will have the chance to receive exposure to all levels of the applications and infrastructure stack. Recognised as Integration experts they are an active part of the ‘API Explosion’, helping their customers gain business advantage through integration in the Cloud.
To be the successful candidate, you will
• have 2-5 years of development experience with a proven track record of high quality software development in a Linux environment
• have strong skills in Java
• be a self-starter, quick to learn and have a passion for delivering to exceed expectations.
• value learning and solving problems together with your teammates.
• know the power of automation and avoid repeated manual work.
• write code only when necessary.
• fill the gaps in your knowledge by asking the right questions.
• be an enthusiastic, methodical programmer and know how to recognise good quality code.
• have a degree in an IT related subject.
• be a geek at heart with an inquisitive mind, good communications skills and a personable manner
Other areas of interest are :-
• Mulesoft Anypoint platform
• Apache Camel / Apache Kafka
• Spring, Hibernate
• RAML, SOAP, XSLT
• Apache MQ
• Ansible, Maven, Jenkins, Git, SVN, Jira, Eclipse, Netbeans
• MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Neo4J