Salary: £21,500pa, free parking, 25 days holiday
Our client is a registered Nursing Home who are now looking for an experienced Financial Administrator to join their small but friendly team.
This role is a varied one which will see you reporting to the Treasurer and the Registered Manager. You will have previous financial administration experience ideally including Purchase Ledger, Payroll (not essential but desirable), bank reconciliations, invoicing, producing management accounts to trial balance (draft level).
If you have used Sage or QuickBooks then great but as long as you are IT savvy you will be able to pick up the systems quite quickly. You will be a competent Excel user ideally with able to do formula’s and will have good attention to detail.
The role will see you having interaction with your colleagues but also the Elderly residents on a day to day basis so an excellent communication manner is essential. The ability to read situations and tailor your response accordingly is essential as is the ability to talk with the residents.
The culture is based on fun, banter and the ability to work under pressure when needed. This isn’t a role for a shrinking wallflower! Its a fun environment but is also ultimately professional.
The role is split 50/50 between finance/accounts and general admin work.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To monitor invoicing (including residents fees), input transactions, payments and correct coding via Quickbooks
- Input payments for authorisation
- Monitor, manage and maintain petty cash records and finances
- To tally earnings and expenses including the preparation and return of financial reports
- To carry out bank reconciliation, monitor and manage bank statements
- To prepare records of banking activity and produce consolidated reports for other parties as and when required
- To be the first point of contact for all employees for payroll, pension and timesheet management
- Monitor all payroll activity including staff absence, annual leave and sickness, providing timely reports to department heads
- Ensure information is fully recorded for Preparation of Monthly Management Accounts n a timely basis
- To assist Treasurer and Registered Manager with calculation of pay rises, annual budgets and fee increases
- Provision of monthly budget reports for all Heads of Departments
•To make timely payments to staff for expenses
- Oversee resident’s fee and personal fee accounts ensuring regular reconciliation
- Prepare and maintain accurate standard and ad hoc reports, queries and conduct appropriate audits to ensure accurate financial data integrity
- Provide full accounting support to Treasurer and Registered Manager
- To attend Head of Department meetings
- To maintain and manage banking facility for residents
- Responsible for weekly back-up of all financial records
- Responsible for the management and maintenance of the company website including liaison with the web design company
- To assist the Registered Manager and Treasurer with all administrative support including letters, reports and minutes as required. This includes filing, master copies and logging systems
Immediate start available. PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT APPLY.