Location: Nr Bmth
Salary: c £35k doe
Our client is rapidly growing and are relocating their Accounts team from the North of the UK. Now looking for an experienced Qualified Accountant looking for the next step up to FC and potentially Finance Manager in the future.
This role would suit a progressive individual who is an excellent communicator and who can think on their feet, come up with solutions for a growing business and be responsible for feeding information into other areas of the business such as data crunching/Mgmt Accts and interpretation of data.
All of the Management Information is driven by Excel so you will be advanced and proficient user (Macro’s and Pivot tables experience a must).
To manage the accounts department and accounting function and prepare accurate and timely financial reports on a weekly, monthly and annual basis for the Board and Senior Management Team. To ensure that all financial and accounting transactions are properly recorded in accordance with current legislation and accounting standards.
Reports to the Finance Director and the Board
- Oversight of accounts team – initially one accounts assistant
- Responsible for daily accounting function, some direct involvement will be required
- Credit Control
- Preparation and interpretation of Monthly Management Accounts
- Preparation of Year End Financial Statements for Audit
- Preparation of Management Reports including Budgets
- Preparation and filing of VAT Returns
- Preparation of Payroll and filing related HMRC returns
- Control of cashflow
- Maintenance of regular KPI reporting
- Advanced excel skills, macros and database functions
- Knowledge of Xero an advantage but not essential
- Good general MS Office skills
- Good communication skills, written and verbal
- Good eye for detail and analysis
- Ability to review processes and identify areas to improve
- Self motivator
- Offer solutions rather than simply report issues
- Good team worker within a growing team
Qualified accountant looking for first commercial role
YOU MUST DRIVE AND HAVE YOUR OWN TRANSPORT FOR THIS ROLE!