Position : Client-facing Business Analyst
Location : home working when not on client site (site work can be 2 – 4 days a week dependent on projects) and office based when required
Salary : c£50-55k negotiable plus c£400 a month travel allowance and benefits
Our client implements solutions using a Prince2/waterfall methodology. Implementation phases, particularly for larger projects where custom solutions are concerned, typically incorporate Agile delivery of one or more elements, within the wider waterfall approach.
Pre-sales scoping and requirements capture, particularly through a tender-based procurement process, often results in a high-level understanding of requirement, against which a budget of professional services days are allocated.
The role would cover the entire project lifecycle from initial feasibility and scoping, through design and analysis, implementation, user acceptance testing and early lifecycle support leading to project completion. The BA involvement will be key to converting the customer vision and high level requirements into a more detailed Statement of Requirement and implementation plan/Statement of Work. Working with Project Managers, Solution Consultants/Specialists, the BA would agree and document the level of detail required in order to shape the project, agree priorities, manage risk and identify the impact of the change/transformation before the team takes the project forwards.
Professional service budget will be managed throughout the implementation phase, including Agile sprints. Working with Project Managers, the BA would be expected to support the Change Request process where necessary, especially if changes to requirements materially impact the residual budget or where further project days may be required.
Where requirements are numerous and varied, the BA would be expected to support the Project Managers and Solution Consultants to help agree and prioritise the functionality to delivered within the budget available, whilst ensuring the Customer receives a cost effective solution that delivers maximum benefit to the business overall.
Projects often lead into subsequent phases. The BA would be expected to support the Customer and the project team through scoping and definition of follow-on work, supporting the sales process and revenue generation accordingly.
- Proven experience operating in a Business Analysis or Business Change environment.
- Modelling business systems and processes, including the roles within an organisation and those responsible for implementing and maintaining them.
- Ability to accurately capture and document solution requirements, by producing Use Cases, Story Boards, Detailed Business Requirements, and the Requirements Traceability Matrix.
- Managing a number of client relationships including the selling and delivery of complex consultancy projects and services.
- Working knowledge of continuous improvement, Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizen.
- Ability to manage conflicting messages, influence stakeholders whilst retaining a focus on core business requirements.
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent), ideally BCS\ISEB qualified.
- Working knowledge of the processes involved in software development and delivery of professional services.
- Client base would be from the public and private sector including financial services, public transport, housing associations, hospitals, councils would be useful. Web-based applications relating to HR, contact centres, CRM, CXM etc would also be useful.