Salary: £25k + annual bonus, healthcare and use of pool car
- Due to growth our innovative client requires a dynamic and experienced Account Manager. You will be reporting to the Commercial Manager and will be required to manage a portfolio of accounts selling into the retail market. You will be tasked with being involved in all commercial aspects of growing and developing accounts.This role will only suit hungry, ambitious candidates and a drive to succeed. This role is not for someone who wants to sit in the same role for 3/4 years – this is a role for someone who wants to grow their career. Once trained you will spend 2/3 days out on the road visiting retailers H/O across the UK – this will expand into International travel over time.
You will have experience of presenting and selling to buyers, building relationships with them and come from the FMCG sector (a must) and ideally retail (would like)
Duties will include:
- Working independently alongside a pre-set sales strategy to achieve account specific budgets
- Medium to large account responsibility (depending on experience and skillset). Supporting Head of Commercial in senior/strategic meetings, work with wider teams on NPD (product/technical) to achieve sales plan
- Formulate customer specific sales plan/strategy, in-line with accountable budget, ensure costings are pre-checked and spec, packaging and recommended retail prices are correct
- Prepare for meetings and ensure samples, costs, designs, presentations, proposals are ready. Keep JBP up to date and review weekly against budget
- Organise and manage regular customer meetings (building relationships with buyer and or senior buyer) to discuss account P&L, pull cross functional teams into key meetings to ensure all aligned
- Understand customer KPIs, targets and review performance, with knowledge and proposals to reach category standards. Identify commercial opportunities in current product base
- Accountable for all stock held, ensure weeks cover is covered in cost sheet and within allowed amount, officially communicate stock holding to customers and ensure all aligned with clearance plan
Immediate start available.