Salary: Up to £17,500 + excellent benefits and career opportunities
Location: Telford, Shropshire
We are proudly working with one of the UK’s leading IT services providers, and are in need of a service desk advisor, to join the 1st Line team. With fantastic opportunities for career progression, this position would be ideal for someone with previous experience of working on a helpdesk / 1st line support role, or, for someone who is keen to move into the IT sector, within an organisation who can support their career development through paid for training opportunities and ongoing support internally.
The role requires someone with excellent customer service skills and a natural ability to build relationships with people in their team as well as customers over the telephone. Previous 1st Line support or service desk support experience would be advantageous but not essential as our client offers training and ongoing support to employees. The ideal candidate will have need to have previous customer service experience and the ability to demonstrate this through team work and customer interaction.
Duties to include:
- Manage and maintain a list of assigned alls, including regular update calls an investigative work.
- Active directory administration tasks to include user creations and deletions
- Logging inbound emails, assigning calls and offering support to the team and customers, as required.
- Offering remote support to users in a Citrix environment (previous experience would be ideal but not essential as training will be given)
- Remote troubleshooting of hardware issues and operating system level problems (experience not essential, but advantageous)
- Working towards team targets and SLA’s to ensure the smooth running of the department as a service provider
- Supporting users with Microsoft office 2007, 2010 and 2013 queries or issues
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to apply professionalism at all times with both internal colleagues and customers alike
- A self-motivated, driven mindset with the ability to retain knowledge and take on additional responsibilities within a role
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt to different challenges as they arise
- Flexibility to go the extra and show flexibility when working towards deadlines or targets
- Previous IT support or 1st line experience would be ideal, but not essential
For more information about this role, or to apply, please contact Joy Bruce (07469 706432 / firstname.lastname@example.org) or Helen Stacey (07974 429217 / email@example.com) at Aspire Jobs – Ringwood.