Salary: c £20k doe
Our client, a well-established business in Poole are looking for a QA Engineer to join their busy Quality team.
Whilst training will be provided, the ideal candidate will have proved experience in a quality assurance/quality control role as well as having ideally worked in an Manufacturing environment. The ability to quickly learn and develop in a dynamic team is essential and therefore previous industry experience would support the transition.
You will have excellent problem solving and communication skills as well as being able to work independently. You will have an understanding of engineering drawings and you will be comfortable to use basic inspection equipment to verify customer complaints if required.
It would help if you were had some form of QA audit experience but is not essential. You might be working on a shop floor currently (Inspector, QA etc) but want to progress into an office based role.
Duties will be varied and include:
- Identifying root cause of complaints and process issues, implementing corrective actions
- Responding to customer enquiries and complaints in a positive and timely manner
- Working together with customers on improvement, problem solving and root cause actioning
- Investigating product non-conformances that arise from the shop floor or from customers
- Liaising with suppliers regarding failures/faults/product non compliance and resolutions
- Managing an in house calibration system, ensuring information is accurately recorded and updated as required (previous systems experience is essential, although training for bespoke use will be given)
Experience and skills desired / required:
- Excellent Problem-Solving skills is essential as well as a hands-on approach
- Being proactive and taking initiative to be able to work independently
- Strong communication skills both written and spoken is essential
- Good understanding of engineering drawings
- A good understanding of ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems
- Internal auditing / understanding of LEAN Sigma principles would be idea
- Whilst training will be provided, our client is looking for a self-motivated, hardworking individual who will be able to quickly learn the processes required to cope with the demands of this busy role. A good telephone manner is essential as you will be dealing with customers and internal departments