Our client, a well-established business in Hamworthy, Poole are looking for an administrator to join their busy team, within an administration capacity.
Whilst full training will be provided, the ideal candidate will have some previous administration and / or customer interaction experience as well as the ability to quickly learn and develop in a busy office environment. If you are an Office Junior with min 6 months office experience then this could be great for you.
The role will see you processing orders, so good data entry skills are essential as well as chasing up deliveries so you should have a good telephone manner.
There isn’t a huge amount of progression as the staff level above this role have been there for a long period of time.
Duties will be varied and include:
- Taking incoming queries relating to quotes on stocked / bespoke items
- Liaising with customers over the telephone and on email (Majority of the order enquiries come via email)
- Inputting orders onto SAGE 500 (Full training will be provided) and ensuring that the orders are sent in a timely manner, to either the despatch or manufacturing teams as required
- Progress chasing to ensure orders are despatched within agreed timeframes
- Ensuring that prices and quotes are accurately recorded onto Sage in order to be despatched or specifically manufactured
- Taking incoming calls relating to orders, stock items or general queries to be fielded to the relevant contract as required.
- Updating and maintaining pricing and ensuring that any errors or discrepancies are corrected
Our client is looking for a self-motivated, hardworking character who will be able to quickly learn the processes required to cope with the demands of this administrative role. A good telephone manner is essential as you will be dealing with customers and internal departments. You will need an eye for detail and have data entry skills, in order to manage the orders coming through, as items are listed by product number, due to the volume of products or parts stocked.